Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Coming of Age

    This year, a 9.0 earthquake hit Japan. I am Japanese so obviously my family was very worried. I knew that we couldn’t fly out to Japan to help the people that were affected, but I wanted to do something. So I decided to do something at school.
    The next day at school, I asked Ms. Vissa if I could start a bake sale. When Ms. Vissa asked me for what cause, I told her that I wanted to raise money for Japan. So that the money raised can be used for food, clothing and other needed necessities. Ms. Vissa agreed and told me to go see Ms. Speth so that I could reserve the hallway for the bake sales I was planning to hold.
    The bake sales went well. I remember feeling really good and excited every time someone bought something. As I looked at the money, I couldn’t help but think how much the money I had raised could help the people in Japan.
    I held bakes sales for the whole month of April with the help of some of my classmates. I don’t know how much we made all together, but I know that we made a lot. Before I had heard that Lady Gaga was selling ‘Pray For Japan’ bracelets. So I bought one. I wear the bracelet everyday, and it reminds me that I did my part to help Japan recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment